Subject: Want to use 3c905b NIC
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Trebisky <tom@kofa.as.arizona.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/1999 18:08:48
Hello all,

I am just upgrading my system from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 (I needed to install
a bigger hard drive and it seemed like a great time to upgrade the OS).
Since I have a 3Com etherlink XL 3c905B card in hand, and a 100 Mhz net
to hook up to, it would be nice to run that card also.

I see that there is a driver from Mr. Van der Linden in -current now,
should I just try to patch it into the 1.3.3 sources or is this a
tricky job?

It seems that I have several options:

1) find out if there is an easy way to get this thing working with
1.3.3

    (I don't see elinkxl.c in /usr/src/sys/dev/ic)

2) go thru whatever business is necessary to get the -current driver
to work with 1.3.3.

3) just run -current (I've never done this and don't really want to get
into this just now, but perhaps it is the best option).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

	Tom

--
	Tom Trebisky			MMT Observatory