Subject: ViewSonic G773 Monitor and XF863.3.2
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <033197m@dragon.acadiau.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/1999 14:17:48
I've been trying to get X to run on my system here.  I have a View Sonic
G773 17" monitor, and an ATI XPert@Play 98 (8M) video card.  I'm pretty
sure the problem is something between X and my monitor.  What happens is
this: whenever I run the XMach64 server that is recommended for my card,
my monitor clicks down into power saving mode, the same as it would do if
there were no signal on the cable (ie, if you unplugged it from the video
card).  It seems to work with the SVGA one, but with nowhere near as good
a resolution or performance as the accellerated Mach 64 server.  Any
ideas?

Sean Murphy (033197m@acadiau.ca)
-----
-History is rarely made by reasonable men.