Subject: Mounting DOS disks...?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/1999 18:00:05
Hey, all.

I'm playing around with WINE, as I want to be able to play Starcraft under
NetBSD. (I've heard of someone doing it under GNU/Linux, and I expect that
WINE is WINE with regard to its ability to run stuff.)

I can't seem to mount my DOS disk. Perhaps I'm going about it incorrectly,
but I don't see any other options.

ac /# mount_msdos /dev/wd0c /mnt
mount_msdos: mount: Device not configured
ac /# mount_msdos /dev/wd0d /mnt
mount_msdos: mount: Invalid argument

The disk has nothing but a large FAT-type partition on it. I don't believe
there's anything special about it. (It's wd0, whereas my NetBSD stuff resides
on wd1, because I use System Commander, which requires that there be a DOS
partition on the first disk. Silly thing... I got desperate the night before
my cable modem install happened, and System Commander fixed my problem, so
I bent myself to its will.) The disk doesn't have a NetBSD disk label, but
that isn't required, I expect... I seem to remember mounting DOS-format
floppies that didn't have NetBSD disk labels.

Thanks in advance for help.

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...acheron.nws.net/mason/
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments