Subject: Re: 1.3.3 hang, what should I check?
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/08/1999 16:11:17

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 08:09:34PM -0800, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	You might want to confirm you have enough VM, try adding a slab
> 	of swap if you can afford it...

And Manuel Bouyer Said essentially the same thing in another message:
[ check swap space ]

Absolutely right, both of you. It seems that that machine didn't have
an fstab entry before the upgrade. It would be nice if sysinst mentioned
that.

Thanks for the pointer, two other systems were upgraded just fine,
swap and all.

On a true sysinst topic, Anyone have a recommendation about how to
upgrade a system with a CCD? Sysinst dies, complaining about the
/dev/ccd0d not being valid, while it's doing all it's disk checks
before the upgrade starts. I could do the upgrade manually of course,
but there are a number of systems to be done, and it would be nice
to teach sysinst how to handle that situation.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,