Subject: Re: NAT Rules/PnP Modem
To: Joseph R. Rach <nomad@UDel.Edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/07/1999 19:37:07
On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Joseph R. Rach wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I'm trying to configure a NetBSD box to do PPP dialup and IP
>     Masquerading. I haven't gotten it to work, and I'm not sure I
>     understand the configuration for ipnat. I've looked at the
>     manual pages and the examples in /usr/share/examples/ipf.
>
>     Internally, I have three nodes using 192.1.1.x (mask 0xffffff00).
>     One node is configured and working for PPP dialup. I only get
>     one IP address to use. Should my rules look like:
>
>     # Assume IP given is 128.175.143.20
>     map ppp0 192.1.1.0/24 -> 128.175.143.20/32 portmap tcp/udp 2000:40000
>     map ppp0 192.1.1.0/24 -> 128.175.143.20/32
>
>     Or something completly different?

	You should probably check out the Networking documentation on
	www.netbsd.org - there is a link to an IP-NAT faq in

	    http://www.NetBSD.org/Documentation/network/index.html

>     PS- Whats the current status for PnP stuff? A device I have is
>     displayed on boot, but satands that its not configured. Do I need
>     to build a new kernel? If so, how I define the device?

	I've just added an FAQ entry for this as

            http://www.NetBSD.org/Documentation/kernel/index.html#new_pnp_device

	It should show up in an hour or so!

	Once more - if anyone have any FAQ or HOWTO they think should be
	in the netbsd www pages - _PLEASE_ get in touch. The more
	information we can make available, the better for all.

	If anyone would be interested in adding a complete HOWTO entry, or
	taking 'ownership' of an existing entry to keep it updated; again,
	let us know!

		David/absolute

    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde