Subject: 1.3.3 hang, what should I check?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/07/1999 14:13:11
On one of the systems that I've upgraded to 1.3.3, when I run a certain
math oriented utility (which I won't name in this message, until I've
had a chance to determine if this could be used to do DoS attacks, and
hopefully have a fix.) the following results:

The machine is frozen, caps lock still toggles LED.
Network still responds to ping, but nothing else.
No response on console.

I can get to Debug with Ctrl-Alt-Escape
The machine is a Pentium 120

This happens when the program is run as root or an unpriviledged user.
It runs fine (appearently) for a few moments, then the machine hangs.

Once into DB, what information should I be looking at to analyze this?

Thanks.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,