Subject: Re: Problems with ifaliases in 1.3.3 NetBSD
To: None <stanley@prof.wip.pw.edu.pl>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/1999 20:04:59
stanley@prof.wip.pw.edu.pl (Stanislaw Szczygiel) writes:

>I tried it all. Im sure that problem is in alck of ARPA for 100MB netcards
>(if I undrestand manuals in NetBSD). So if there is no arpa for cards,
>there is no propagating aliaes adresses with MAC address of card... It
>cant work in such situation. I would like to be wrong, but im afraid this
>is the answer... For 100MB cards in my opinion is impossible to make aliases.

The ARP code doesn't know about 100Mbit cards.  I wouldn't know why it should
fail for aliases *only* on 100Mbit cards.

I tried it on a 10Mbit card and it works with either netmask variations you
have used.

Could you try it with different IP addresses and netmasks?  Maybe there is
a bug that shows up with the /24 you are using.

--
Christoph Badura

Probleme mit Linux?  Versuch NetBSD!  www.netbsd.org
Problems with Linux?  Try NetBSD!  www.netbsd.org