Subject: File system auditing.. like SnoopDOS
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <marc@intekmedia.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/28/1998 17:53:52
Sorry to use a system-specific analogy, but I need a program which
will insert itself into the system and monitor file system accesses
(opens/closes or even just an open/close pair.)

I have lsof--however running lsof constantly and parsing the output
would not be an ideal solution. I've checked the manual pages and they
say nothing about a continuous monitoring situation.

Any assistance in the form of pointers, explanations, and the like
would certainly be greatly appreciated. I watch the larger netbsd
mailing lists--feel free to answer me publicly or privately--I'm happy
with both.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a bit of a kernel hook which
would record such things..?

Thanks,

Marc Tooley
marc@intekmedia.com