Subject: Re: ssh passphrase question.
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/1998 18:27:59
On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, Tim Rightnour wrote:

: #  Aty first login, run "ssh-add", which will prompt you for your passphrase,
: #  and ssh-agent will take care of all your authentication until you log out.
: #  See the ssh-agent(8) page for more info; note that running ssh-agent in the
: #  background instead of as a parent of your shell is *not* recommended.
:
: Does this work with xdm at all?  Ie: could I run ssh-agent inside the xdm
: startup, and then ssh-add myself when I log in?

Sure; make ssh-agent a parent of the window manager that you exec at the end
of .xinitrc.