Subject: Re: 4 short questions
To: The Administrator <admin@righi.ml.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/1998 16:21:08
On Dec 16, The Administrator wrote

> Hello folks.
> I am a FReeBSD and OpenBSD addict.
> I now want to try out NetBSD.
> I just need to know some info.
>
> 1) Does NetBSD support AFS ? Is it built in a kernel option or something
> or it is supported via th earla port ??

It does, you just need to get a LKM from somwhere ... probably the same place
where you got your AFS modules for FreeBSD or OpenBSD.

> 2) Does NetBSD have a ports collection like Free and Open BSD ?

Yes, but it's called "packages" (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/packages/).
"port" is design NetBSD running on a given hardware.

> 3) Does NetBSD have linux binaries compatibility ?

Yes. "options COMPAT_LINUX" in your kernel config file.

> 4) I have seen on the main ftp site a directory  1.3.3 but it is empty.
>    Is NetBSD-1.3.3 going to be released soon??

Yes. binaries are being compiled and uploaded, the release should be announced
soon (hopefully we'll have it for Christmas :)