Subject: panic: isa_dmamap_create
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael E. McColm <memccolm@cois.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/1998 20:46:26
Hello,

I had just finished installing NetBSD/i386 1.3.2 on my system when I
received the following messages upon rebooting:

sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x22f irq 7 drq 1: dsp v2.01
audio at sb0
wss0 at isa0 port 0x530-0x537 irq 10 drq 0 drq2 1 isa0: drq1 is not free
panic: isa_dmamap_create
Stopped at	_Debugger+0x4: leave
db>

My system does not have a true Sound Blaster or Windows Sound System. It
has an OPTi 82C929 (Mad16 Pro) which can function in "Sound Blaster
mode" or "Windows Sound System mode". Under Windows 95 it functions in
"Windows Sound System mode". Is there a way I can tell the kernel not to
look for sb0? I understand that the "db>" prompt is the "kernel
debugger"; is there any documentation available on-line regarding it's
use?

Thanks!,

Michael E. McColm
memccolm@cois.on.ca