Subject: Re: PCMCIA Ethernet Card identified, but not configured
To: Bernd Salbrechter <salb@hell.gud.siemens.at>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/01/1998 10:33:33
>I have tried a PCMCIA ethernet card in a shop and it looks like the
>kernel identifies the card, but not configure it. Dose this meen I have
>something misconfigured or the card is not supported?  If it is not
>supported, will it be in -current or the upcomming -1.3.3 or -1.4 version?

NetBSD sees the card, but doesn't have a driver for it.

It might be possible since it seems to be a "No name" card that it's
NE2000 compatible card.  All you would need to do in this case is just
teach the NE2000 driver that this particular card is a NE2000 card.
Mind you, that's just a theory; I have no idea if that's really the case.

Ah, okay, I looked at the Linux PCMCIA code, and I believe this _is_
a NE2000 compatible card.  In that case, it should be relatively easy
to modify the pcmcia ne driver to recognize this card.

--Ken