Subject: netBSD boot floppy
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Agent Drek <drek@monsterbymistake.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/24/1998 11:22:47
I hope this is the right forum for this but I REALLY need
help

I have a netBSD boot floppy that I made up after reading all the
docs I could handle
used it on a Pentium-II pro dual 300 w/256 megs RAM no problem
very happy.

Now I tried to install it on an older machine using the same boot
floppy...the machine just reboots itself when it tries to read the
disk. I've tried switching the drives but it didn't help. DOS boots
fine (but I want to wipe DOS off the drive) why can't netBSD?

I found on the webpage the following:

NetBSD Problem Report #4556

>Number:         4556
>Category:       port-i386
>Synopsis:       Without intervention, i386 boot blocks can reboot a machine forever
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
could this have something to do with it or did I miss something very
obvious in
the docs?

thanks alot,

	=derek