Subject: Re: we driver still broken.
To: Jason Thorpe , Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/24/1998 12:51:42
Your message dated: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:50:25 PST
>On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:54:44 -0500 (EST)
> Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone had a chance to look at the we driver?  It causes a kernel
> > panic when ifconfig'd on i386-current
>
>What is the panic message?

Woah! I might have had a similar problem some time ago and thought I
was the only one. It happened right after I enabled the IDE-CDROM
controller on a Gravis PnP soundcard, and build a new kernel.
I thought the fact that the kernel assigned the same IRQ to this
CDROM controller and the we0 card was the cause (I posted a question
about it on -current), but now I'm not so sure. This machine netboots
but with the new -current-ish kernel (including CDROM) we0 `device
timedout' at boottime...

BTW, I'm not using egcs at the moment, so it cannot be the code-generation
problem reported earlire with the we0 driver (if my memory serves me
right)...

Feico.