Subject: New kernel probs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Horwood <rich@mondial.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/19/1998 12:48:06
I just installed NetBSD 1.3.2 and grabbed the kernel source from 'my favorite
mirror' *heh*.  Now I realize that this is a problem with the type of VM
system the kernel is using, but there seems to be no option in the kernel
config to use any other type.  So - do I have to re-compile everything
(and this is a 486, so that's not really an option) or can I get an earlier
version of the kernel source, or what?

# top
kvm_open: proc size mismatch (9408 total, 624 chunks)
top: Out of memory.
# ps -ax
ps: proc size mismatch (9408 total, 624 chunks)
# uname -a
NetBSD test 1.3H NetBSD 1.3H (GENERIC) #0: Thu Nov 19 11:48:30 EST 1998
rich@test:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386