Subject: yppasswd
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/13/1998 10:59:15
I am trying to set up YP but cannot get yppasswd to change passwords.
I have ypserv/ypbind/rcp.yppasswdd running on my server.  rpcinfo
indicates that yppasswdd is running. yptest returns the correct map.
But yppasswd complains that it cannot change the passwd and status=1.
The point in the code generating the message (yp_passwd.c:187)
follows:

	r = clnt_call(client, YPPASSWDPROC_UPDATE,
	    xdr_yppasswd, &yppasswd, xdr_int, &status, tv);
	if (r)
		errx(1, "rpc to yppasswdd failed.");
	else if (status)
		printf("Couldn't change YP password.\n");
	else
		printf("The YP password has been changed on %s, %s\n",
		    master, "the master YP passwd server.");

I don't know enough about either YP or rpc stuff to know what to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are the tricks for setting up YP?

Cheers,
Brook