Subject: Re: NAT and http
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/1998 14:38:46
Hi

Has any part of NAT worked for you yet?  Did you start up ipf first (with
a blank config file)?  Do you have the kernel GATEWAY option set
(net.inet.ip.forwarding=1)?  Does ipmon show any thing?  Have you verified
that the traffic reaches the box (with tcpdump), and have you checked to
see if any trafic is leaving the box (with tcpdump on the outgoing
interface)?

Hope this helps,
	Rick

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Arto Huusko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been writing about my problems with ipnat here earlier and hopefully
> this is the last problem I have to ask about...
>
> anyway, I can't get http working over NAT and once again I have no idea
> why it does not work. I suspected my portmap config (tcp/udp 10000:40000)
> and tried different values (those from ipnat(5) man page and
> /usr/share/examples/ipf/BASIC.NAT) but none of them worked.
>
> --
> Arto Huusko
> E-Mail : arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi
> WWW URL: www.qnet.fi/ahuusko/

Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer Science
rickb@iaw.on.ca                               http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/