Subject: Mozilla trouble
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/06/1998 14:57:27
Hi all,

I have installed the latest mozilla package (-19980728 I think) to
netbsd 1.3.2 on i386. The program starts fine and it is possible
to read local files (file:///whatever). Accessing anything across
network does not work, however.

Any ideas why it does not work.

For example, opening ftp://localhost/ (and any other network
address) mozilla says:

A network error occured:
unable to connect to server (TCP error: XP_GetBuiltinString: 4415 not
found)
The server may be down or unreachable.

I also run mozilla on amiga (same version, same lesstif, same
netbsd) and it works fine. No proxies have been set... it just
don't work.

On startup I get a few error messages (which, BTW, are the same
I get on the Amiga box). Does this error make any difference....

---cut

Warning: the following hosts are unknown:

 ... some netscape hosts...

This means some or all hosts are unreachable.

Perhaps there is a problem with your name server.
..and goes on about SOCKS_NS env variable

---cut

--
Arto Huusko
E-Mail : arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi