Subject: First time Kernel Compiler
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <033197m@acadiau.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/1998 19:09:31
	Hey there.  I've been trying to compile a custom kernel for my
386, everything configs and makes fine when i set all the options i want,
but I try to switch from the default pc0 generic console to vt0 console
driver so i can have virtual terminals the kernel won't boot correctly.
By this I mean that it does everything its supposed to do, it boots, the
hard drive rattles, the network card is initialized, but it doesn't show
anything on the screen, the monitor stays completely black.  It takes
about an hour to compile, and i'm getting tired of fiddling with it.  Does
anyone know a quick fix to this?

Sean Murphy (033197m@acadiau.ca)
-----
-History is rarely made by reasonable men.