Subject: Re: fetchmail and telnet will not talk to localhost port 25
To: NetBSD-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Millen <dmill@globalnet.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/29/1998 23:05:23
Hi again,

Thanks to all who offered assistance, it was indeed lackiing the '-bd' switch.

I now have a system thst delivers mail locally and handles incoming and outgoing
internet mail :) ---------- however it is sooooo sloooow :(

There now seems to be an eternity of negotiation between my system and the
remote host before each message is sent or received (anything up to a minute or
more), although transfer times are as they should be.

This was not the case previously when I was using the remote smtp server direct.
(I hadn't until today tried or been able to get pop3).

It seems as if the problem lies within 'sendmail'

Is there another switch that I should set that will use the initial
authorisation for all subsequent messages?

TIA,
Dave
--
Customer: "I'm running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 4."
Tech Support: "Y-e-e-e-e-s........"

e-mail: dmill@globalnet.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk