Subject: Re: fetchmail and telnet will not talk to localhost port 25
To: Dave Millen , NetBSD Help <NetBSD-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Brown <twofsonet@graffiti.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/29/1998 14:17:49
>I have successfully installed fetchmail and have sendmail configured as a
>daemon with '-bm -q30m' flags and the smtp mail host at my internet
>connction as the 'smart' relay, which works fine for sending mail.

the '-bm' that you have is the problem.  that tells sendmail to
"deliver mail in the usual way", ie, collect one piece of mail from
stdin and deliver it.  the fact that you have '-q30m' probably means
that your sendmail is still hanging around after it's tried to deliver
the one message (that you never give it), so you'll probably have to
kill it before you restart it with '-bd' (start the sendmail smtp
server socket).

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
warfare@graffiti.com      * "information is power -- share the wealth."