Subject: Re: lesstif startup
To: Fujie Zhang <fzhang@NMSU.Edu>
From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/25/1998 10:18:48
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Fujie Zhang wrote:

> all right. enough about this lesstif iconized thing. i might have asked a
> stupid question. but i did not intend to  start a war of words. let's not
> insult each other. leave those underworld stuff to the Microsoft Windows
> 95 users. Unix users are supposed to be some mature grown-ups, aren't we?

Now hold on just one minute ... there hasn't been one insult, and not
even one sarcasm here on this topic.  Not even one unkind word, until
yours.  Please reread what was sent, because I think you've
misinterpreted something here very badly.

> Fujie Zhang
>
> On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Chuck Robey wrote:

> > > Lesstif is a library, not a program, so it can't start at all.
> >
> > I don't run lesstif, but I have Motif, and does lesstif (a motif
> > lookalike) also contain a window manager, which _is_ a program?
> >
> > Although, I can't for the life of me see starting a window manager
> > iconized ... gives me a headache ... which came first, the chicken or
> > the egg?
> >

> > > .pm

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).