Subject: ATAPI Zip drives
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/23/1998 14:49:13
I have found some info on atapi zip drives wrt NetBSD but have not been able
to get mine working yet.  I am running NetBSD 1.3.2 release version - when I
boot it tells me "atapibus0 at wdc0", then "atapibus0 drive 1: <IOMEGA  ZIP
100 ...> type 0 direct removable not configured".

Are these drives supported in 1.3.2 release?  From what I read I thought
foolishly I might try adding "sd*   at atapibus? drive ?" to my kernal
config but no go (config says sd's aren't available on atapibus's).  If they
are only supported in -current, is it possible to grab just this driver but
stick with 1.3.2 release?

Or have I missed something simple?   ;o)      Thanks!

Mike.