Subject: Re: PPP persistent and demand dialled connection
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Dinsen <dinsen@danbbs.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/14/1998 15:03:23
On Sun, 12 Jul 1998 15:54:38 GMT, you wrote:
>In article <35a7e0b3.2839719@mail.danbbs.dk> dinsen@danbbs.dk writes:
>>Is there a solution to this problem?
>Just put in any one of the modem hosts. It will work...

Ok. Is this because of IP-NAT? Because PPPD man page says:

"When the demand option is used, the interface IP addresses have
already been set at the point when IPCP comes up. If pppd has not been
able to negotiate the same addresses that it used to configure the
interface [...], pppd has to change the interface IP addresses to the
negotiated addresses. This may disrupt existing connections, and the
use of demand dialling with peers that do dynimic IP address
assignment is not recommended."

The last sentence is what I worry about. But I will try with the
following pppd options:

noauth
defaultroute
:<ip-address of one of the modem servers>
demand
persist
idle 60
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote

Do I have to specifiy a local IP address too?

Anders