Subject: Re: package extraction questions, & i386 mozilla package SEGVs.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/1998 16:42:44
On Fri, Jul 10, 1998 at 07:17:03PM -0700, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> Whenever I use pkg_add I also get warnings that it couldn't record the package
> contents in /var, "You're on your own!"  How nasty is that?

Sounds like you do not have a /var/db/pkg, or that it has wrong
permissions.

> Lastly, the mozilla-19980603 i386 binary mostly works, but it spews lots of
> assertion messages into its terminal and pops up lots of assertion dialogs.
> The real showstopper however is that resizing the window (or starting it with
> -geom 800x800 as I like to do) guarantees a prompt SEGV.

Mozilla still has bugs like that, and lesstiff has a few too (though it's
been getting a lot better since mozilla came out and pushed lesstif to
its limits). But, mozilla is improving bit by bit, so keep looking for
updates of the package.

- Frank