Subject: Re: mountd weirdness
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/09/1998 08:04:05
Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 12:26:19AM -0500, Brian C. Grayson wrote:
> >
> >   Then, when I try a showmount, which should return nothing as no
> > clients have mounted anything, showmount hangs for a few seconds,
> > and the console prints stuff like:
> > Jul  8 23:54:04 snowy mountd[208]: Can't register mount
>
> The most obvious source of your problem may be that you have an old
> mountd lying around in /sbin. mountd was moved to /usr/sbin in 1.3.
> If you have such a beast in /sbin/, remove it.

  Thanks for the note.  I'd already checked the /sbin thing
(I probably should have mentioned that in the original post).
The same thing is also happening on a freshly-installed
1.3.2/current box, which never had mountd in the other location.  :(

  Brian
--
Brian Grayson (bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu)
PhD Candidate, Electrical and Computer Engineering, UT at Austin