Subject: Re: your mail
To: Matt Diederich <matt@linux.clarityconnect.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/1998 16:24:18
Hi,

Sorry but the Classic only has a 68000 chip.  You need a 68020 or better
to run MacBSD.  For more information, check out:

   http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/
   http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k
   http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/

You might also want to follow the port-mac68k mailing list on netbsd.org.

Mark

On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Matt Diederich wrote:

>    Please reply individually to my e-mail address.
>
> 	I'm interested in trying out MacBSD. I think it would be an
> incredible learning experience. That, or I'm a masochist. But anyway..I
> have this old Mac Classic sitting around. I've wandered through the web
> pages for MacBSD, and I have the following questions:
>
> 	1. Is four megs of RAM the absolute bare bones?
>
> 	2. Would a thirty meg HD work?
>
> 	3. In terms of the above, if I want to run a machine for multiple
>            users to telnet into, use e-mail, telnet, etc. What would
> 	   the -bare bones- basic hardware needed be for this?
>

> Thanks in advance,

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/