Subject: three little problems: CDROM, MAN, JAZ
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Fabiano <fabiano.petrone@bib.uniud.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/04/1998 10:50:14
Hello to everybody

I've just installed netbsd 1.32 (sbc-kernel, etc and base packages)  on my
LC 630 (in a Jaz cartridge).
I've made three filesystems (/root, /usr, /var : not /home, this time) plus
the swap partition and an HFS one.
I've edited successfully the rc.conf file  and I've logged as a root: all
works ok, but....

first little problem: today I've tried to install the remainder, but the
man.tgz package has a strange  behaviour.
The first time I've installed it with the installer: all seems ok but the
man doesn't work (i.e. if I type "man vi" bsd reply "no entry for vi in the
manual").
A second time I've installed it within bsd (tar --unlink -xvzpf man.tgz)
and this time all works ok: why? is it an installer bug or (as I believe)
my error?

second little problem: I've tried to mount a ISO 9660 cdrom with
mount -t cd9660 -o -ro /dev/cd0c /cdrom

(as in mac 68k faq, 6.18)

but the bsd reads only the first session of the CDROM (I've wrote 2
sessions on it with the toast cdrom pro: I've used the "import session"
option)
may I read also the second sessions or I must burn another cdrom with only
one session?

third little problem : I've heard that the swap partition mounted on a JAZ
cartridge may damage it: is it true or only a "blah blah blah" :=> ?

as always, a lot of thanks in advance for your answers.

bye to everybody

Fabiano