Subject: Re: Unable to boot 1.3.2
To: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@ait.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/29/1998 17:25:18
On 29-Jun-98 Brad Colbert spoke unto us all:
# > Try disabling everything you can possibly disable (com, lpt, etc) and see
# > if
# > you can get it to boot.
# >
#
#     Does this mean I will not be able to use my com ports, etc?
#

Initially, yes.  My buddy had this problem, and we eventually traced it down to
a flaky isapnp card.  Once we fixed that, everything worked again.  Once you
get it to boot, you can go and try to fiddle around with the various ports and
find out exactly what is causing the hangs. (assuming thats the problem)

Once you know whats hanging it, the rest is alot easier than just guessing.  ;)

In his case, an isapnp modem was conflicting with an internal com port,
ttyflags would try to write to the port, and wedge.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html