Subject: Re: Permissions and vi and use of S/MIME
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Igor <hibitek@globalserve.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/1998 23:41:57
> First, it's not just people reading mail.  It's also mail archives than end
> up storing your information, etc.

Those intermediate ISPs or news service providers, are perfectly safe removing
the esignatures from all their audiences' correspondence. It does not amount to
many lines of script code to do so, yet another sign for lack of quality work
in the arena of quick-buck packages and services. Incompetence lies with
managers and consultants who, do not understand, or neglect to expose what is
needed by their grass root folks down in operations, for their own profit or
bonuses. And perhaps the clerks who are performing the maintenance on these
servers need to be more vocal about what is needed, if they can not they should
go to work elsewhere.

If you like you can remove the E-IDs even as soon as your mail reaches your
domain in a similar way, before you distribute it to users, with not much more
trouble than what would be needed if you were an ISP as I mentioned above.  If
you are so good as it appears in this correspondence, I wander how comes you
didn't do this yet.

I reserve the right to use whatever esignature I choose whenever I so decide.
Due to overwhelming response from the user community I will adhere to the
majority rule. Let's save the money to moneymakers!