Subject: Re: X windows problem
To: Igor <hibitek@globalserve.net>
From: Dave Clark <dave@elsinore.ddns.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/1998 09:29:01
Hi all,

the only reason I haven't been responding is that I've been away for 3
hours  :)  Sorry!  And no, I'm not a "headhunters' sniffer"  ;)

I am just an X newbie.  What I have done is installed the basic xwindows
distribution that came with the i386 1.3.1 set.  I got the lesstif package
and installed it on my system and I am using the mwm window manager.
Other than that I have made no significant changes.

I have a 2 M Cirrus GD544x card and a Samtron monitor.  So, I used these
settings:

HSync:  31.5 - 48.5
VRefresh:  50 - 90

As I say, I have no problems other than this stupid cursor.  Changing it
obviously hasn't worked.  My main problem is I have no idea where to
begin as I've never used nor (obviously) set up xwindows.

If you have any advice, I thank you in advance!
Thanks for your time, folks...

Dave