Subject: Re: X windows problem
To: None <hibitek@globalserve.net>
From: Robert Alexander Baxter <alex@santa.asf.alaska.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/1998 12:14:39
Igor wrote:

> True, but not true entirely! There is XF86config file that can be used
> to fine the server

Right.  This is not an X command or utility, but rather
a server implementation specific (XFree86) configuration
file.

If the XFree86 server Dave has chosen doesn't program
his video adapter's hardware cursor correctly, it may be
possible to change (or uncomment) a setting in the
XF86Config file which would help.  Also, it may not help,
if Dave's video adapter chipset, etc. is not exactly
supported.

But standard X programs and/or utilities, or changing
resources, will not help at all if mis-programming the
hardware cursor is the problem.