Subject: Re: X windows problem
To: Dave Clark <dac129@mail.usask.ca>
From: Robert Alexander Baxter <alex@santa.asf.alaska.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/1998 11:19:11
Dave Clark wrote:

> I'm running xwindows on the 1.3.1 i386 port.  Xwindows is
> basically fine but I've had one problem since I started:
> the actual pointer only appears on my screen as a grey
> square.  I'm new to xwindows so I'm unsure how to proceed.

Perhaps there is a problem with your particular X server
not programming your video adapter's hardware cursor
correctly.  This may not be something which you can fix
with X commands and/or utilities.

What kind of video adapter (brand, model number, chipset,
chipset version, memory size, RAMDAC type and version) are
you using?

-Alex (:-)
 alex@santa.asf.alaska.edu