Subject: Re: Using a linux Xserver under NetBSD's linux_compat
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/1998 00:50:52
OK, I downloaded some parts of a FreeBSD distribution and now have a
healthy /emul/linux setup, and downloaded the FreeBSD driver
(XSuSE-Elsa-GLoria-3.02-FreeBSD) for my graphics card...

And the driver looks like it might work. When I run the driver itself
from the command line, it blanks the screen and then displays the
graphic gibberish that I'd expect, no errors. But when I set the
symlink from /usr/X11R6/bin/X to the driver and then run 'startx', I
get the error

"/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory".

Do I need to use a FreeBSD binary of xinit along with the FreeBSD
XFree86 server for my card? I'm a bit confused as to why I'm getting
this error since I have a NetBSD version of libXmu.so.6.0 in
/usr/X11R6/lib and a FreeBSD version in /emul/freebsd/usr/X11R6/lib,
and I never had any problems with xinit before (and it is a NetBSD
binary).

Any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks.

-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washignton.edu

PS. Should I be posting this to port-i386 since the FreeBSD emulation
is platform dependent?