Subject: mkstemp on 1998/06/06 -current
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/1998 23:32:34
Hello, everyone.

When  building  -current as of 1998/06/06 it got stuck because of
being unable to find mkstemp(), which used  to  be  in  unistd.h.
After  searching  for  it  I  could  find  it  lying in the newer
stdlib.h (which wasn't installed to /usr/include, perhaps because
of  my  having defined UPDATE in MAKEFLAGS).  Checking further, I
saw that unistd.h and stdlib.h were both largely changed.

So the question is: why was that done?  I could see some  remarks
regarding   compliance  with  X/Open  and  other  standards,  but
wouldn't that mean that we'd be getting less BSDish?  How  advan-
tageous is this?

---
	Pappires