Subject: Re: boot over network
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Claude Foley <Claude.Foley@cns.eds.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/1998 11:48:00
Hi,

Thanks , I have a lot more answers than what I used to.

For tftpd I just commented out the line in inetd.conf and
 -s /tftpboot is there so it should work.

What I did to figure out the problem is simple.
tftpd was running on the server( calisto ) and I did tftp calisto( on
calisto ).
the file /tftpboot/C0A80102 was created as a symbolic link.

I was unable to get C0A80102 so I created a file /tfptboot/test with vi.
and 'get test' was working. So I made 'cp /usr/mdec/netboot
/tftpboot/C0A80102'
and I was able to 'get C0A80102'.

It is weird because the fact that the file was a link should be
transparent to tftpd
unless tftpd really want to do something special with links.

Now my client is booting over the network, I still have some problems
but it is to
soon to talk about it. I will work on it tonight and I guess that I will
be able to
figure it out by myself.

I'm learning and I have fun with NetBSD. May be at some points I will be
good
enough to help you guys improving it and fixing bugs, but I still have a
long way to go.

Thanks again

Claude Foley