Subject: Re: Fixing curses problems -- Was: How to get XaoS 3.0 to compile on NetBSD i386 1.3.1
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/05/1998 16:41:29
Brett Lymn wrote:
> Urrgh - there is a fix in the bug database that will, in all
> likelihood, fix your problems.  Have a look at lib/3969 which is a fix
> Julian and myself worked up.  The fix is in limbo because there was
> some talk of making ncurses part of NetBSD which would make our work
> redundant....

But ncurses isn't in the tree ...

> It may not be a complete fix but it should be a start.  I would still
> be interested in pursuing updating NetBSD curses.  Most of the basic
> functionality is there, the more esoteric things like windowing is not
> done.

I would also be prepared to work on NetBSD curses.  I did mention that I
would do this but I've been a bit lax ... sorry.  If we add the features,
will they go in the tree?

Thanks,

PS.  Adding the #defines to curses.h may make the program compile but
won't help when it runs.  For example, if the program waits for KEY_UP,
if will never get it because the shipped curses doesn't return it.

--
    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.