Subject: (fwd) Re: Problems with enabling tty login on i386
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Dinsen <dinsen@danbbs.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/04/1998 23:16:36
On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:22:15 +0100 (BST), prlw1@cam.ac.uk (Patrick
Welche) wrote:
>So I guess one question is - how is your cable wired? In my case, both
>9-pin, I have:

Oops! No connection to pin 1, which is DCD (carrier detect). Tried
another cable and it works! I did'nt suspect this to be the problem
because the cable I used is a ready made one and I have used it
successfully to communicate between two pc's before (Windoze).

These are the relevant lines of /etc/ttys:

tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown on  secure
tty01   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown on  secure

Perhaps adding the softcar flag to the lines should enable me to use
the cable... After trying: No, it did'nt help.

I'll never buy a ready made serial cable again.

Anders
=20