Subject: Re: NetBSD client for ARCserve?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Brandle <Stefan.Brandle@wheaton.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/04/1998 08:34:51
>However, if they have done their job properly, NetBSD is
>not a big leap from BSDI.  You might call them an enquire
>about a client for NetBSD (explaining that NetBSD is close
>to BSDI).

I talked to one of the sales people, who promised to forward email with
suggestions about this to "an appropriate person". I've got the bad feeling
that this is the functional equivalent of sending mail to /dev/null, but
I sent the message anyway and, who knows, I might get a useful reply.
I'm sure that the BSDI code is very similar. Something approximating a simple
recompile under NetBSD might do it, but we'll see.

>Otherwise, perhaps out BSDI emulation can be improved :-)

Well, yes, but that's out of my league and not something I can count on
someone else doing. Oh well, I'll just sit back a bit and see whether anything
surfaces from the ARCserve developers.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
-sb
Stefan Brandle  |  (630) 752-5201  |  stefan@wheaton.edu  |  Wheaton College IL