Subject: xedit resource file editing
To: 'netbsd-help' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John A. Maier - MIS dept. <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/02/1998 14:45:20
I am trying to edit the Xedit app-def file to remap the key to something more
in line with the rest of the world:

 Ctrl V --> paste
 Ctrl X --> Cut
 Ctrl Z --> Undo
 <key>End --> end of Line
 <key>Home --> start of Line
 Ctrl <key>End --> end of Doc
 Ctrl <key>Home --> start of Doc

etc

I refered to the man page but it wasn't that useful.  I got this far with the
help of the Xterm man page but that is it.

Xedit*editWindow.translations: #override \
	Ctrl <Key>v:	insert-selection(PRIMARY, CUT_BUFFER0) \n

I would use nedit jet or smedit but I have to compile them under Lesstif
and they don't always do exactly what I want.

Nedit works the best (except my fonts on Xwin32, and all of win95, corrupt without warning)

but xedit is great for quick edits.

So does anyone have the xedit source or other reference source handy that they could pass
such information along?

jam