Subject: Re: Mozilla.
To: Claude Foley <Claude.Foley@cns.eds.com>
From: Robert Alexander Baxter <alex@santa.asf.alaska.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/15/1998 11:57:32
Claude Foley wrote:

> Hi again,
>
>   I please to see that you guys have fun about sun 3/60.
>       Sometimes I look it and I think that I should buy a PC.
>       But I have 6 Sun 3/60 and 1 Sun 3/50, and all that for free. ( I'm
> using only one for now )
>
>   When I look in the package info on Mozilla there is no indication that
> it could not
>   run on a Sun 3 machine. I guess that if somebody is trying to install
> it on a Mac with NetBSD
>   it means that it could not actually run on a Sun 3.

Well, I'm not sure I understand this situation with your Sun 3/60
and the Macintosh both having a 68020 CPU.  I don't know if you
can run a NetBSD program made on Mac NetBSD or not, but you might
try looking at this URL:

   http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/c650.html

This person describes using the BSDI version of Netscape to run
on his Mac68K NetBSD.  Maybe this would work on your Sun 3/60
too, since the two computers have the same CPU.  But I think he
is talking about a binary package he downloaded, not building the
Mozilla source code.  Is it your goal to build it from source code?
I know some people really want to have that, while others just want
to use the program and will accept a pre-compiled binary package.
But that is getting into a personal philosophy area!

I hope this URL can help you,
 -Alex (:-)
  alex@santa.asf.alaska.edu