Subject: Problem with popper/inetd.
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <nigel@flame.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/04/1998 17:03:34
Hi there,
I've just compiled qpopper 2.41beta1 on my NetBSD 1.3.1 machine. It
compiled fine.

My /etc/services file contains the following line
pop3            110/tcp                 # POP version 3

and my /etc/inetd.conf files contains the following line
pop3            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/popper popper
 -s

After I kill -HUP <pid> of inetd I get the following error message

May  4 11:53:37 wibble inetd[15776]: pop3/tcp: socket: Protocol not supported

I'm a bit lost as to why this is happening. /etc/services is setup correctly
as far as I can tell.

Any hints would be appreciated.

TIA
Nigel