Subject: Re: Not your typical help q--Monitoring tty's?
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/16/1998 14:10:46
On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> no kidding! I have several thousand users who probably want to do 'naughty
> things' and I bet probably even write email to their friends about the
> 'naughty things' they do/did... But as a sysadm, I find it distasteful to
> actually monitor their individual actions or read their correspondance...
> Not to mention the fact that were I to actually want to do this, I couldn't
> possibly come up with the amount of time required to do a good job of it.

<snip>

I agree qith you wholeheartedly here. I am also interested in such a tool
though. Not for "Big Brothering", but as a teaching aid. I've got a bunch
of users who regularly ask me for help on things and it sure would be
easier if I had the option of watching/helping them in real time...

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Senior Operations Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |