Subject: getty repeating to fast on (ttya,ttyb) sleeping
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Claude Foley <Claude.Foley@cns.eds.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/16/1998 09:36:00
Hi everybody,

I just get another Sun 3/60, and I already had one with NetBSD-1.1, I
want to test it.

The problem is that when I boot a new Sun, it works only in single user
mode.

The difference between the one that is working and the one that is not
is.

		Working one	Failing one
memory:	24M		4M
monitor:		black & white	no monitor but there is plug for
color monitor
console(prom):	b&w		ttya( using a qume terminal, set
term=tek-4530)

When I goes from one to the other I simply unplug all the cable from one
and I plug it to the other

When I boot on the failing one everything goes smoothly but when it goes
to multi user, I have an error message from getty( may be init ).
Error is: getty is repeating to quickly on ttya sleeping
                getty is repeating to quickly on ttyb sleeping

the result is that I never have a login prompt on ttya and I have to
halt it.

Once again it works in single user mode.

Also I need to know how to set option on board for the thin ethernet
connector and where could I find a color monitor and a list of model
that works ( a web site will be perfect )

Thanks for your help.

Claude Foley.