Subject: Not your typical help q--Monitoring tty's?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@douglas.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/1998 20:47:06
I have a NetBSD1.3 machine and I would sorely like to install something
like ttywatcher through which I might start up an xterm window and watch
the input and output (take over if I wanted) of a particular user's tty.

There are a couple of ways I thought about doing this, one being to simply
dump all the traffic through a device and employ a tcp session sniffer to
pick out a specific line of communication.

Personally, I'd prefer to see it a little more real-time so I have just a
few more seconds to react to the naughty things that my users continually
like to do.

In any case, any help would certainly be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Marc Tooley
tooleym@douglas.bc.ca