Subject: Installing from boot floppy
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/1998 10:34:19
I'm having trouble with the boot floppy install.

For some reason, sysinst (?) thinks m root partition is too big >1024 meg,
even though I use the default config, 277 Meg Root, I think.

I can get by that by telling it to proceed, but I cannot get the network
configured for ftp install.

I've given it valid host name, domain name, and address, valid gateway
address, and tried with and without nameserver addresses. I got the media
right thanks to suggestions from the list.

For some reason, the card doesn't seem to get configured,

I see (approximately) ping send to: no route to host.

if I quit out of the installer, ifconifig shows an unconfigured interface.

Any ideas?

Is there a cdrom?

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614