Subject: ntpd 4 expects output_muted in audioio.h
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@vthrc.uq.edu.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/11/1998 13:22:43
[NetBSD-i386/1.3.1, though timer_* are still UNIMPL in -current]

I just built ntp-4.0.72d1 from ftp://ftp.udel.edu/pub/ntp/testing, and
found refclock_irig.c expects output_muted as well as monitor_gain in
audioio.h. It's only in a debug function which can be commented out, but
before I submit a buglet report to ntp I'd like to have some idea whether
this structure element is common outside of NetBSD.

cheers,
Danny Thomas

PS FWIW, the other small compile-time issues were
1) when checking for the presence of functions, (auto)configure compiles
and runs(?) a file containing a call to the function. Anyway, that succeeds
for timer_settime() because it doesn't check errno which in this case is
saying "function not implemented". I changed that code fragment in
configure to "return errno;". Actually the exact problem was if it thinks
the timer_* functions exist, ntp_timer.c defines a variable of struct
itimerspec which is kinda hard from our time.h

2) inclusions of stropt.h aren't conditionalized on HAVE_SYS_STROPTS_H, but
the only file this mattered for me was (again) refclock_irig.c.