Subject: man 7 man ?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/10/1998 13:53:54
I hope this is the right list for this one.

I seem to recall that under sunos (I don't have such a machine anymore)
that

man 7 man

gave a summary of the macros for creating man pages and also had
the SunOs guidelines for a "good" man page.

Is such a thing documented for NetBSD somewhere?  I've looked a little
at /usr/share/tmac/tmac.an and /usr/share/tmac/tmac.an.old
and tmac.doc-common, but its all gibberish to me....

I was going to mostly just copy a NetBSD man page and modify it for
my program, but I'd like to figure out how some of the stuff is
supposed to work.

Thanks

Dan