Subject: Routing across interfaces
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Shane Mason <Shane_Mason@securecomputing.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/08/1998 08:47:18
Hello all,

I am in need of some help.

I am trying to make a router.  We need to divide the network at the office.
I have a NetBSD 1.3 box, and decided to use it to save cost (1 ethernet
card vs a Cisco 4100)  However, it ain't working.

I added the following options to the kernel config file

option    GATEWAY
option    IPSENDREDIRECTS=0

and recompiled.

The box will now route from subnet to subnet on a single interface, but not
from interface to interface.  Am I missing something?  Is there a user
space application that must be run?  I will be using static routes, so
routed shouldn't be needed.  Are there more things I need to add to the
kernel config?

Please help!

Shane Mason

Please respond to my e-mail address, as this email address is not on the
subscribed list.  Thank you