Subject: Re: Need help with crash recovery!
To: Anders Eriksson <aer@alpha.nodomain.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/07/1998 17:38:33
According to Anders Eriksson:

>I just had a (minor) crash on my / partition (no backup ;-( ) and am stuck
>with two files which fsck has turned into devices. I can't find any way to
>delete them. Help appreciated!

You can try getting the inode numbers of the files (ls -i) and then
use clri to clear the inodes.  You will then need to fsck the
partition to remove the files correctly.  Remember to fsck the /
partition in single user mode and either use "shutdown -n" or just
power off the machine after the fsck is done otherwise the bad
superblock info in memory will overwrite the cleaned up one on disk.

  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
  - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.